Monday, January 12, 2009

Sickly

I have had sinus issues for the past week, and got a sore throat over the weekend. So this morning I went to the Take Care Clinic at Walgreens. I love this concept. You can simply walk in to see a nurse practitioner - no appointment, no hassle. And the copay is just a regular doctors visit. In the past year, Corbin has had strep throat twice and an ear infection once. This is the child who NEVER gets sick. The first time he had strep, he woke up with it on a Sunday, so we went to the Urgent Care Center. I kept wondering what we were picking up in the waiting room. It was disgusting. Then a few weeks after that, we were driving to KC, and I looked in the mirror and saw Corbin holding his ear. Once we got there, we went to the CVS MinuteClinic and were in and out with perscription in hand in 35 minutes. When we were in Florida, Corbin got strep throat again. Basically, my point is that since I have a child who tends to get sick outside of normal office hours or out of state, these clinics are enormously helpful. And it just doesn't feel as icky as the urgent care center.

So I have an ear infection and sinus infection. I will go take my horse pill, eat some chicken noodle soup and rest.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hope you feel better soon.