Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm fine-d

As I touched on in my post a few days ago, Corbin is a bit like Monica and does not like to admit he is sick. He will never tell me if something doesn't feel good. Twice I've taken him to the doctor with a fever (after asking him if his stomach, throat, ears, head, etc. hurt) only to have him diagnosed with strep.

So this week he has started sneezing a little. Not often, but once in a while. But when I ask if he is getting cold, you would think I asked him if he wants to start wearing dresses to school. He acts like it is ridiculous for me to insinuate that he could possibly be getting a cold. "Mom, I was just looking at the light and it made me sneeze." I've heard that about twelve times.

But when he had the flu a few weeks ago, he looked at me over the toilet as he was puking and said, "So I don't have to go to school tomorrow, right?" I guess it all depends on what he could possibly be missing out on being sick.

I heard today that another one of my friends got laid off yesterday. Scary times.

No comments: