Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Plus, I just feel alive again! I realized how much my identity is tied to my work....which isn't a GREAT thing, but it is a reality of life as a single mom.
Anyway, I just want to encourage everyone to support each other in these tough times. I am lucky to have a new job, but know many others that are not as lucky right now. Say prayers, keep ears open for job opportunities for others, etc.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Just a few thoughts:
- I miss rocking my baby to sleep every night.
- I miss mornings spent watching Sesame Street or Elmo's World.
I miss baby food and bottles.
- I miss picking him up from daycare and having him run to me like I was the best thing on Earth. Before he was too cool.
- I miss listening to The Wiggles in the car...you know, the days before Z107 and Y98 were requested.
- I miss leisurely weekends spent playing at the park, before there were baseball and soccer practices.
I miss those relaxed days of toddlerhood. I don't they don't seem relaxed at the time, but life changes so quickly with children. I am a mere 5 years away from teenage years, and judging from the last few years, these next few will fly by. Hug those babies and kiss those cheeks. :)