Friday, July 25, 2008

Cheering up

It doesn't take a lot to brighten my day. Despite a rainy, icky day in St. Louis and the sad events of earlier this week, I am cheered by the new Jesse McCartney cd that I just received from a charitable partner who is looking to secure a sponsorship at an upcoming concert. Listening to the CD now and it is making me happy. Plus I know that Corbin will like it since he hears some of these songs on the radio.

Also, looking forward to a jammed packed weekend. I am getting my hair "did" tonight and having drinks with a long time friend who I haven't been able to see a lot lately. Tomorrow night Corbin and I are going over to hang out with another friend who is babysitting a boy a couple of years older than Corbin. The boys will play with the dogs, do a little Nintendo Wii-ing and have fun hanging out. Mama is planning to enjoy adult conversation (outside of work) and make knock back a glass of wine or two. We are spending the night since this friend lives almost an hour away.

Hopefully this will be a good, uplifting weekend of reconnecting with old friends. Also gearing up for our big vacation to Florida next week. Can't complain about that! :)

No comments: