Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dating

So I have been out with a guy named Chris several times, and I actually think there could be something here. He is a few years older than me. His family owns a mechanical engineering company that he works at. He is SUCH a gentleman, and practically runs ahead of me to make sure that he can hold the door open. It's little things like that that I think are huge in relationships. He has a close family and understands that I can't go out with him whenever we want because Corbin is my priority. It's not just about getting a babysitter, it's about wanting to spend time with him. He also understands that I am a firm believer in not dragging your children into your dating life. I do not bring guys I am dating around Corbin. I would hate for him to get attached and then heartbroken when a break up occurs. I am still trying to navigate the whole dating thing (even though Corbin is 8!). I just haven't really dated a lot.

Fingers crossed!

Please say a quick prayer for my sister. She is having surgery tomorrow to have her defibulator replaced. I am keeping Carson and Michael tomorrow night so that she can rest without worrying about the kids. It is a pretty routine procedure.

No comments: