Thursday, October 16, 2008

When life closes a door, it *shatters* a window

Ok, not feeling so creative with post titles today. But I had to share the story of one of the weirdest things that has happened to me. Last Monday, I left work, picked Corbin up for school and started on the commute home. All was fine and normal. As we were getting onto highway 44 from Jameson, I heard this "pop" and looked into my rearview mirror, and this was what I saw:
Yep, my entire back window was shattered. Thankfully, very little glass actually fell out, so Corbin was fine. I looked behind me and all around trying to figure out if I got hit or if someone threw something, and there was nothing or no one I could see. I was halfway down the entry ramp, so I continued on the highway, had Corbin climb in front and get buckled and drove to the next exit. By the time we got our car to the shop to get fixed, this is what my window looked like:

So weird, and definitely what I wanted to spend $230 fixing.

In other news, it is officially my favorite part of the year. We hit went to Rombach's in Chesterfield to get ready for Halloween. Rombach's is seriously one of my favorite places in St. Louis. I guess I remember going there when I was little, and I've taken Corbin each year since he was born (ok, well not the first year, he was 11 days old). But as we were walking around, I was thinking of all of the cute pictures that I have of him as a toddler climbing on the huge pumpkins. With those images swimming through my head, I decided we should stop to get a picture, and I didn't recognize the kid in the view finder...

I swear, I am not always this sappy, but I just feel like all of a sudden, Corbin is so big! And I am freaking out about how fast time is passing. Anyway, we had a terrific day and really just spent time enjoying each other's company. I will leave you with a few more shots.








1 comment:

Amy said...

Glad Corbin didn't get hurt from the shattered window (or you for that matter). We are going to Rombach's on Sunday.