Monday, October 20, 2008

Alligators and tarantulas and anacondas...oh my!

Ok, I know that title was kind of lame, but whatevs.

Corbin had is big birthday party on Saturday. We had 15 kids and a whole bunch of chaos...and fun too! We had Serengeti Steve from The Reptile Experience do a presentation during the party. Despite my issues with snakes and spiders, it was AWESOME! The kids got to pet and hold everything from an alligator (my fave) to a hissing cockroach to a lizard and little snake to an anaconda. The anaconda was super cool because there are only, like, 15 docile anacondas in the world. (You will have to excuse my lack of appropriate names for the animals, as I was basically the paparazzi of the party, trying to get pictures of all of the kids.)

Corbin had a really good time with his friends. He goes to school with some really nice kids. I really like the community.

Here are a couple of highlights:






Also, I have to give props to my fellow St. Louisans for turning out in droves to rally around our (hopefully) next president. Two more weeks! I don't know what I will do with all of my time once I am not obsessing over the election.

Anyhoo, hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: